7/5/09

Celebrating Independence

I think it's so hard to keep up and post daily.
And that makes my blog so uninteresting.
Sorry Riki, Dara, Kelsey, and all of my other readers.
I'm still trying to find the time to do it while recovering from surgery and all.

Well yesterday was 4th of July.
And I spent the night watching the fireworks at Ala Moana Beach Park.
It was one of the most depressing days I think I had.
I was extremely out of my element and I felt nothing like myself.
My judgement was blurred and the decisions I was making was nothing like I would have made.

But staring up at the darkness listening to the booming of the fireworks, and seeing the brilliance of light lighting up the sky made me feel this inside happiness.
Strange, I know. They're only fireworks, but somehow they have some magic that draw people to it.
The light just makes you just want to stare.

It was almost 9:30 and we went to Brians.
Yes, the one that's known for the druggies, the pool players, the game tweakers, etc.
Didn't encounter any of that though.
Just merely shared some nachos, made some phone calls, and got home by around 11.

This week was just full of going out, getting out, and hanging out.
I think I should have wore my arm brace more often though.
It's not good for me not to.
So let's see if I can recall the events of this week.
Because I did a lot.

Monday: Went to RHS about an hour after school was over, and ran into a friend of mine that broke my heart so long ago and still continues to tarnish our friendship with broken promises. I really wish he would stop doing that.

Tuesday: Walked to RHS and was extremely sore the next day, it was good to see some friends that I knew. Although it took a huge toll on my legs I walked everywhere. Went to Makiki Park to watch Alvin, Jarvis, and Oliver play basketball. Haven't done that in forever. Walked to Yogurtland and met up with Kristen and Liana. I was extremely disappointed my decision to walk because I saw the bus pass me about 2 or 3 times. Fun. Went to Kristen's house after that, and then got picked up. Aunty came in from California, it was really cool to have her stay at our house. My friends can't even do that.

Wednesday: Spent the whole day at home, went to YMCA in the afternoon to watch my dad play basketball. Ran into Torey, Zach, Austin, and Cody. Shawn bought me ice cream and then Randy came. And at that moment I realized how much I needed to stay in shape and work out :P I really hope my shoulder gets better.

Thursday: Met up with Tiffany in the afternoon, walked to RHS to meet with Wendi. I was supposed to stay to hang out with a certain someone but he didn't even acknowledge my existence when I got there, so whatever. Caught the bus to Ala Moana and we saw My Sisters Keeper. I cried, I think everyone did. I still think 1 Litre of Tears was more moving. I was supposed to go meet up with Kristen, Michelle, Liana, and Janet but I didn't.

Friday: Stayed at home and cleaned out my entire room. My clothes drawers are almost empty after getting rid of all the clothes that don't fit anymore. Made me wonder why I even kept those. Because now I'm in need of a major shopping trip.